AHA ONLINE CLASSES
Heartsaver First Aid Online
Heartsaver® First Aid Online Part 1 is a Web-based, self-directed program. This program teaches students critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Content includes how to help a victim with bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies (includes adult choking)
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
eLearning (online lessons blended with hands-on skills session)
- Can be completed at work, at home or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Includes online access to the Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook
- Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their key
Successful completion of the Heartsaver First Aid Online Course includes three (3) parts:
- Part 1 online; can be completed in approximately1 – 1 ½ hours
- Parts 2 and 3, hands-on skills practice and testing session with an authorized AHA Instructor.
Time to complete skills practice and testing sessions vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the AHA,/abbr> determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.