AHA ONLINE CLASSES
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
The Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Online course teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training. Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
eLearning (online lessons)
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.